Why Accreditation Matters
The international school market is one of the fastest growing in South East Asia, with a rate of growth of 39% from 2017 to 2020. Indonesia has the most international schools of any country in Southeast Asia. With so many options available, how can parents be sure their children are attending a school with high quality teaching and learning that meets the highest international and national standards?
The only way to be certain is to enrol your children in an accredited school. International accreditation is a rigorous process that schools choose to undertake to ensure they maintain the highest standards.
SIS Medan was recently approved for candidacy (Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12) by The Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC), a world-renowned accrediting association. The quality assurance process helps us to ensure that all our school systems are aligned with international best practice.
- Assures a school community that the school is a trustworthy institution for student learning
- Validates the integrity of the school’s program and transcripts globally
- Facilitates transfer of credits to other English-speaking schools — critical for college/university acceptance worldwide
- Builds a professional culture to support the schoolwide action plan
- Fosters the continuous improvement of the school’s programs and operations to support student learning
The purpose of accreditation is to ensure that our structure and systems best support student learning. Candidacy status affirms the high quality of education provided at SIS Medan.
ACS WASC accreditation is a rigorous process that evaluates school administration and governance, curriculum, learning resources, teacher qualifications, professional development and teacher coaching, teaching and learning, buildings and facilities, sustainability, health and safety and child protection. It is the Gold Standard in international education accreditation.
* ACS WASC – Accrediting Commission for Schools Western Association of Schools and Colleges – https://www.acswasc.org/